Based in Copenhagen, Denmark
Press / Business Contact:
Haderslevgade 12, kl.
1671 Copenhagen V
+45 5189 9495
Glitchnap is a Copenhagen-based band that makes games instead of records.
Glitchnap is Mads Johansen Lassen, Joon Van Hove, Jonas Maaløe and Tommy Rousse. Between them they hold passports from Denmark, Belgium and the US, but managed to connect through the Copenhagen game scene in 2011, where they pooled together their game controller collections and began making experimental local multiplayer games under the name "Team Buttfighters" (which they later changed for obvious reasons).
Their first project LAZA KNITEZ!! — a 4-player twitch arcade jousting/shooting game with a custom cocktail arcade cabinet made from several spare IKEA table parts — won the 2012 Nordic Indie Sensation award, and spurred the team on to develop more games, arcades and exhibit their work to a larger, international audience.
Not satisfied with the existing opportunities in the Danish game industry, they instead decided to expand the industry by formally establishing Glitchnap in 2013.
They have yet to regret that decision.
LAZA KNITEZ!! YouTube
GO NUTS!! Vimeo
There are far more images available for Glitchnap, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Nordic Game Indie Sensation - Winner." - LAZA KNITEZ!!, Malmø 2012
- "Nordic Game Jam Audience Vote - 2nd Place." - Press [X] To Give Up, Copenhagen January 2013
- "Mozilla Game On, Grand Prize - Winner." - Zumbie: Blind Rage, March 2013
- "Mozilla Game On Best, Multi-Device - Winner." - Zumbie: Blind Rage, March 2013
- "IMGA, Excellence In Innovation - Nominee." - Zumbie: Blind Rage, San Fransisco March 2013
- "Chartboost University - Selected team." - Glitchnap, San Fransisco March 2013
- "Spilprisen, Best Artistic Achievement - Nominee." - LAZA KNITEZ!!, Copenhagen 2013
Glitchnap Profile - Northland Square
We answer Vic Bassey's questions about the team, our thoughts on the Scandinavian indie scene and how we got into this whole video game thing in the first place. http:.
Copenhagen Game Collective
The Glitchnap team are proud members of the Copenhagen Game Collective. More at www.cphgc.org.
A global local multiplayer game of 60+ mini-games made by everyone. Play and submit your own mini-game at www.chainjam.com.
Five takeaways from GDC Europe 2013
Gamasutra includes Joon's "Luggatron" project and "Pop-Up Arcade: Postmortems on Indie Arcades and Events" talk in their round-up from GDC Europe 2013 at http:.
Chartboost University: Glitchnap - Where Are They Now?
The Glitchnap team look back six months after their trip to Chartboost University in San Francisco at http:.
Team & Repeating Collaborators
Mads Johansen Lassen
Joon Van Hove